The website usage agreement of “btcbox.co.jp” applies (hereinafter referred to as “this agreement”) to BTC Box Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the company”)’s exchange website “btcbox.co.jp” (below The “virtual website” provides the cryptocurrency transaction service and other services provided by the company (hereinafter referred to as “this service”). This clause stipulates the users of the service (refers to the person who opens an account under Article 3 in order to use the service, and is hereinafter referred to as “the client”) and the rights and obligations between the company and the client.
- Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- Article 2 (About Clients)
- Article 3 (Open an Account)
- Article 4 (Deposit and refund of money and cryptocurrency)
- Article 5 (Definitions Related to Transactions)
- Article 6 (Transaction Process on Cryptocurrency)
- Article 7 (About fee)
- Article 8 (Access to Funds and Access to Virtual Deposit Currency)
- Article 9 (About Bitcoin Financing)
- Article 10 (Query of transaction content)
- Article 11 (Management of Accounts and Passwords)
- Article 12 (Processing of personal information)
- Article 13 (About provide the receipt information)
- Article 14 (Regulation of anti-social activities)
- Article 15 (About Cryptocurrency)
- Article 16 (Risk of Cryptocurrency Trading)
- Article 17 (Liability definition)
- Article 18 (Equipment)
- Article 19 (Copyright, property rights and other rights)
- Article 20 (Stop of this service)
- Article 21 (The notification of stop of this service)
- Article 22 (How to Contact Clients)
- Article 23 (Link to other websites)
- Article 24 (Stop of this service and assets freeze)
- Article 25 (Change and stop of this treaty)
- Article 26 （Resolution and etc.）
- Article 27 （Prohibition of transfer, pawn, etc.）
- Article 28 (Governing Law, Jurisdiction)
- Article 29 (About inquiries)
Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- The purpose of this article is to clarify the rights and obligations of the company and its clients in the process of using the service. Applicable to the company’s ownership relationship with clients in the process of using this service.
- The Company has additional terms on the use of certain services on this website (hereinafter referred to as “additional terms”). If the additional terms exist differently from the provisions of this article, the additional terms are applied preferentially. However, this provision is not subject to the above limitation in the case of special priority over the additional clause.
- The client is fully aware of the content of these terms and uses the service after agreeing to the terms of these terms.
Article 2 (About Clients)
- For people under the age of 20 want to use this service, you need a parent or guardian to issue a consent form and proof of identity.
- People living or stranded in U.S.A. cannot use this service.
- If the law of your place of residence does not allow the start of a bank account in Japan, you cannot use this service.
Article 3 (Open an Account)
- The person who wishes to use the service (hereinafter referred to as the “applicant”) is to provide the company with the information required by the company on the basis of agreeing to the terms, and thus apply for opening an account to use the service. (hereinafter referred to as “this account”).
- The company will comply with the company’s established standards and procedures (including the verification process when conducting the transaction) to decide whether to approve the applicant’s application for opening an account. If we pass the application for opening, we will issue a notice to the applicant. This notice is issued. Indicates that the application for this account is successful and the applicant will become a client.
- After the registration, this account is limited to the client’s own use, and the client himself assumes the full responsibility for managing the account. Clients cannot transfer accounts, lend accounts, use the account as a guarantee, or provide permission to use the account to anyone, including family members. The client must strictly manage the username and password as well as the e-mail address. All responsibilities and risks related to the account are borne by the client.
- The client deposits cryptocurrency and money in his account to use the service. However, if we believe that the cryptocurrency or cash in this account may be related to the proceeds of crime, we can freeze this account without the consent of the client.
- Registered customers shall notify the Company of such change by a method prescribed by the Company without delay and submit the materials requested by the Company if there is a change in the registration information. We will not take any responsibility even if you suffer any damage or disadvantage due to neglect of notification concerning change of registered information.
Article 4 (Deposit and refund of money and cryptocurrency)
- The client deposits funds into the account or sends cryptocurrency in the manner prescribed by the company. The completion of the transfer or other procedure by the client does not mean that the process of depositing the cryptocurrency into the account is completed. The transaction is not completed until the company confirms receipt of the payment or confirms that the cryptocurrency has been sent.
- The company will refund and refund the cryptocurrency to this account according to the client’s request. The client should specify the transfer account (only for the account with the same name as the client himself) or send the address in cryptocurrency. If we return the money or send the cryptocurrency in accordance with the client’s instructions, we will not assume any responsibility in connection with these transmissions.
- The deposit of cryptocurrency and the upper limit of refund are determined separately by the company.
- If the funds deposited by clients are not used for cryptocurrency transactions for a long period of time, the company has the right to demand refund of these funds.
Article 5 (Definitions Related to Transactions)
- The cryptocurrency is the “cryptocurrency” specified in paragraph 2 of Article 2 of the funding algorithm.
- The seller is a client who places a sell order on the company’s cryptocurrency trading platform.
- Buyers are clients who pay to pay on the company’s cryptocurrency trading platform.
- The price is the unit price of the cryptocurrency when you want to buy or sell cryptocurrency when the client uses this website to purchase and sell cryptocurrency. This price is displayed in Japanese yen.
- The transaction price is the total price paid by the buyer at the time of establishment of the transaction (including the handling fee paid to the company).
- Transaction is a cryptocurrency transaction that the client entrusts to the company as a medium on this website.
Article 6 (Transaction Process on Cryptocurrency)
- The client hangs out a payout or sell order of the cryptocurrency on the website according to his own judgment.
- When a client places a buy or sell order on this website, if the price matches the price offered by another client, the transaction is established at that price within a consistent quantity, and the buyer and seller agree that the buyer and seller agree to be bound by the rule.
- When a client places a buy or sell order on this site, if the price matches the price offered by another client, the client will automatically trade at the matching price and quantity without notifying the client.
- Without being bound by the above two clauses, when a buy order is hung out, it will start trading immediately in accordance with the quantity that can be traded from the minimum selling price at that time. When the sell order is hung out, the transaction will be immediately matched to the amount that can be traded, starting with the purchase order that sold the highest price at that time. The established order cannot be cancelled.
- After the buyer and the buyer have concluded the transaction, the company will transfer the purchase amount from the buyer’s account to the seller’s account after deducting the prescribed fee, and transfer the cryptocurrency from the seller’s account to the buyer’s account.
- If the website displays an abnormal exchange rate deviating from the exchange rate of the cryptocurrency market (hereinafter referred to as “abnormal exchange rate”) due to a system failure of the company, etc., the company may conduct a transaction based on abnormal exchange rate based on its own discretion. Cancel or amend it to the actual exchange rate.
Article 7 (About fee)
There are situations where you may need to pay for the use of this site. For details, please see the fees posted on this site.
Article 8 (Access to Funds and Access to Virtual Deposit Currency)
- The client’s deposit of funds into the trading account refers to the act of importing yen from the deposit account of the bank and other financial institutions to the fund management account under the name of the user in the company.
- The client’s transfer of funds from the trading account refers to the client’s transfer of the yen funds from the company’s money management account back to the deposit account of the bank that originally transferred the funds to the company’s capital management account and other financial institutions.
- This company will execute the company’s funds transfer instruction only if the transfer instruction issued by the client meets the requirements of the company and is completed within the stipulated time.
- If the client transfers funds through remittances and the funds cannot be reflected in the trading account in time (regardless of the reasons), they must be confirmed after the company confirms the funds to be transferred after 9:00 a.m. on the next working day. Transfer funds to the trading account for the client.
- After the company confirms that the client transfers funds into the company’s trading account, it may not make amendments or cancellations to the funds.
- The client transfers the cryptocurrency to this account is transferred to the cryptocurrency at the address specified by the company.
- The client transfers the cryptocurrency from this account by telling the company the address and quantity of the transferred cryptocurrency.
- Only if the transfer instructions issued by the client meet the methods prescribed by the company and are completed within the stipulated time, the cryptocurrency can be transferred out.
- The client makes an instruction to transfer out the cryptocurrency. After the company confirms, regardless of the reason, the client cannot correct or cancel the transfer.
- The company will send a specified amount of cryptocurrency to the client’s designated address in accordance with the instructions of the client pursuant to Article 7. We will not be responsible for any delays in arrival or failure to arrive due to any reason such as the wrong address of the designated cryptocurrency or the failure of the blockchain of the cryptocurrency.
Article 9 (About Bitcoin Financing)
The company provides clients with financing services through Bitcoin (hereinafter referred to as “Bitcoin financing”). Clients wishing to make bitcoin financing should apply under the additional provisions of the Bitcoin financing terms. In addition, clients who use bitcoin financing to conduct bitcoin credit transactions need to deposit funds to the company’s designated margin account.
Article 10 (Query of transaction content)
- The client uses this service to check the status of the transaction funds and cryptocurrency on the website, and can download the details of the deposit and withdrawal of this account, transaction details and balance report through the website.
- If you have any questions about this service, please contact our help desk in time.
- If the relevant regulatory authorities request the client’s transaction history at the time of inquiry, we can ask the client about the contents of the cryptocurrency transaction. In this case, the client responded immediately. If the company has not received a reply or has received an inappropriate response after asking for a considerable period of time, the client will not be able to use the service.
Article 11 (Management of Accounts and Passwords)
- The client is responsible for managing and storing your own account and password. You may not allow a third party to use the account, transfer the account, or change the name of the account.
- The company will verify the account and password when the client visits the website. When the confirmation account and password are consistent with the account and password set by the client, we will treat it as a legitimate client and accept its transaction. Even if the account and password were stolen or forged, their transaction is still considered valid.
- The client assumes full responsibility for any damages resulting from improper management of accounts and passwords, misuse, third party theft, hacking, etc.
- When the client discovers that the account and password have been stolen or used by a third party, the client shall notify the company immediately and follow the company’s instructions.
Article 12 (Processing of personal information)
- The company processes your personal information in accordance with our personal information protection policy.
- The company may provide the personal information of the client to the third party such as the entrusting party or agent of the company within the scope of providing this service.
- The company may provide client information upon request after being ordered by a decree or judicial office or supervisory authority.
- For the personal information submitted by the company, the client can request the company to disclose it. If you want to know the use of your personal information, please consult our company.
Article 13 (About provide the receipt information)
- The company will notify the client (including but not limited to the documents specified in the “Ministerial Office Regulations” document on the cryptocurrency changer) in accordance with the documents required by law. We will approve the paper without violating laws and regulations. Instead of the delivery of paper media, the electromagnetic devices specified in the following items are available.
- Send an e-mail to the e-mail address that you notified in advance.
- The file or data which posted on the website that provide for the client for reference.
- Others Electronic methods that we deem appropriate
- The client, based the previous item, and the promised company will withdraw the account. However, when the promise is withdrawn, the notice will be given to the public.
Article 14 (Regulation of anti-social activities)
- The client indicated that he does not belong to any of the followings at present and that he will not participate in the following groups in the future.
- Violent group
- Members of the gang
- Prepared members of the squad
- Brutality related companies
- Assembles such as clubhouses that are disguised as social movements or special violence intelligence organizations.
- Others who meet the above terms
- The client promises that he will not and will not teach others to do the following.
- Violence action
- Exceeding the law
- Conduct a verbal threat or violence against the transaction
- Acts of spreading rumors, using cheating, and authorizing power to undermine the company’s reputation. Or interfere with the behavior of the company’s business.
- Other behaviors that can be introduced based on the above terms.
Article 15 (About Cryptocurrency)
Cryptocurrency is not a legal currency and there is no central bank to manage it. Virtual currencies have unpredictable risks without the support of their countries or companies. The client uses this service after understanding the existence of such risks. The client uses this service to conduct cryptocurrency transactions after considering its own financial status and risk tolerance.
Article 16 (Risk of Cryptocurrency Trading)
There are various risks in cryptocurrency trading. After fully understanding the trading risk of the cryptocurrency shown below, the client takes full responsibility for it and conducts cryptocurrency transactions based on its own judgment. If the client suffers losses due to cryptocurrency transactions, the company does not assume any responsibility.
- Price fluctuation risk
Cryptocurrency prices fluctuate tremendously, and clients may get huge profits and may suffer huge losses. In the future, governments of various countries may issue measures to ban virtual currencies so that the prices of virtual currencies may drop sharply or even become zero.
- Liquidity risk
Depending on changes in the market, transactions in virtual currencies may not be possible or trade at unfavorable prices.
- Risk with no settlement completion
In the transaction of cryptocurrency, there is no mechanism that it can be said that the transaction has been definitely established, so there is a risk that the transaction goes back invalid.
- Risk due to hard fork
Depending on the cryptocurrency, there is a risk that the hard-fork splits the cryptocurrency into two or more, making mutual compatibility incompatible. In that case, there is a risk of significant value declines and transactions being retro activated.
- 51% Attack risk
According to the cryptocurrency, if a miner has 51% or more of computing power in the mining of cryptocurrency, there is a risk that an illegal transaction will be executed.
- Risks in Relocating Cryptocurrency
In the transfer of the cryptocurrency, the relocation will not be established until the confirmation of the relocation (the certification of relocation in the block chain) is completed, and the transfer will remain suspended for a certain period of time. Therefore, there is a possibility that the transfer of the cryptocurrency between the Company and the client will not be completed until the transfer is confirmed on the network, and the transfer of the cryptocurrency based on the client’s instructions may be canceled. Also, since the cryptocurrency is electronically recorded and its relocation is done on the network, it may be lost for some reason on the network.
- Risks outside of business hours
The handled cryptocurrency price may fluctuate greatly outside our business hours (including during the maintenance period). We can’t take responsibility even if we can’t trade cryptocurrency outside business hours.
- Fees, or the risk of using Bitcoin financing to make changes in the amount of credit purchases and other pre-existing amounts.
At our discretion, we may change the various fees associated with this service, the necessary deposits or mandatory settlement rates for Bitcoin’s credit sales transactions using Bitcoin loans, and other trading rules that we may determine in connection with this service. When such a rule change is made, new additional funds may be required and the likelihood of mandatory settlement may be high.
- Risks related to Bitcoin loans
Bitcoin credit sales transactions using bitcoin loans can sell bitcoin over deposit amounts, which is accompanied by a high risk of this impact. The credit sales amount of Bitcoin is greater than the deposit amount, and the expected profit is larger, but there may be a large loss according to the market price.
Therefore, if the market fluctuates in a disadvantageous direction against the client’s selling position (open position), in order to prevent the loss of the client, in order to forcibly change all of the client’s positions (open positions) There is a possibility that you will reverse trading and settlement. In this case, clients may incur losses beyond the deposit money. The client shall promptly deposit the shortfall that occurred in the event of suffering a loss exceeding the amount of deposit money to the Company.
- Sever attack risk
If the cryptocurrency exchange receives a cyber attack, there is a possibility that loss may occur to clients due to leaks of user information, passwords, etc., loss of cryptocurrency or loss of value etc.
- System risk
This transaction and other transactions that you make using this service are transactions using the electronic trading system. If the client makes a mistake in order entry, the intended order may not be promised or an unintended order may promise.
There may be a situation where the electronic trading system can’t be used temporarily or for a certain period of time due to various causes such as breakdown of our company or client’s own communication / system equipment, communication trouble, natural disaster such as earthquake, cyber attack, Orders may be invalid due to delays / non-arrival of client’s order instructions to our system. In addition, we may suspend clients’ transactions when electronic trading system fails.
When the market fluctuates suddenly, the price information may be delayed and there is a possibility that deviation may occur between price information on the electronic trading system and the actual price of the market.
The cryptocurrency purchase / sale price calculated by our system may be abnormal value. Please understand beforehand that we may cancel the transaction on judgment of our company if it is found that transaction is established due to abnormal value.
In the electronic trading system, if information such as login ID and password used for electronic authentication leaks due to theft or eavesdropping etc., third parties may exploit that information and loss may occur to clients.
A system failure occurs due to changes in the external environment, etc., clients will not be able to order via the Internet (our website, smart phone site, application), or your order will be delayed or impossible, etc. There is a risk of impeding this transaction.
Loss of opportunity caused by system emergency maintenance, system failure, etc., because we are unable to determine the content of the client’s order to place an order, so the company is not responsible.
- Bankruptcy risk
Changes in the external environment, deterioration in the Company’s financial situation, or other circumstances may cause our business to be unable to continue. In the event that the Company is unable to continue its business, bankruptcy proceedings may be made to the Company based on laws such as bankruptcy law, civil rehabilitation law, corporate reorganization law, corporate law etc.
Although the company manages the FIAT currency and cryptocurrency deposited by the client separately from its own assets, but does not take any measures to protect the trust of these depositary assets, and the company fails to succeed, you will not be able to return the client’s assets, and the client may lose.
- Legislation · Tax system change risk
On April 1, 2017, laws and regulations, etc. applied to people involved in cryptocurrency transactions were enforced. There is a possibility that cryptocurrency transactions are forbidden, restrictions or strengthening of taxes, etc, due to changes in laws, regulations, tax system or policies, etc, cryptocurrency holding and transactions are restricted, or handling that is more disadvantageous than the present situation. In this case, unexpected loss may occur to the client.
For more information, please contact your local tax experts, tax accountants, lawyers or other experts yourself.
The above risks provide a brief description of the typical risks associated with cryptocurrency transactions and do not represent all of the risks that arise in cryptocurrency transactions.
Article 17 (Liability definition)
- If the company’s website fails and causes service interruption or other errors, the company will not be responsible for the losses incurred.
- The company shall not be liable for any damage suffered by the client due to communication failures caused by network, system, server, hardware, software, etc. failures.
- Except for the loss of clients that can be caused by the negligence of the company, the company is not responsible for any other client’s loss of cryptocurrency.
Article 18 (Equipment)
- Clients need to prepare their own equipment and software required to use this service. The company does not participate in all kinds of preparation activities and method operation guidelines when clients browse the Internet. When using browsing software, follow the rules of the respective software developer.
- Clients must install anti-virus software at their own expense for security protection.
Article 19 (Copyright, property rights and other rights)
- The copyrights or trademarks of the trademarks, images, movies, advertisements, designs, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “contents”) used in this website shall belong to the author. The software used for this service and other services includes intellectual property protected by intellectual property laws.
- Unless the client obtains the use license of the company and other intellectual property owners, or can use the content without permission according to the law, the client may not copy, edit, change, publish, or reproduce the content of the service. , public distribution, trafficking, translation and other activities.
- The company is not responsible if the client suffers damages in violation of the above actions. If the company suffers a loss due to the client’s violation of the above behavior, the company has the right to claim compensation.
Article 20 (Stop of this service)
- The company may stop, or terminate services without prior notice based on the following matters. The loss caused by this, the company is not responsible.
- When the company or the third party designated by the company performs the maintenance set.
- When the equipment of this site fails.
- Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, wars, riots, riots, blackouts, etc.
- Judicial, administrative agencies, etc.
- The virtual money market has been disrupted and the company deems it necessary.
- For other technical reasons, our company determines that it is necessary.
- The company may change / stop some or all of the services without notifying clients. The company is not responsible for damage to clients and third parties caused by the change.
Article 21 (The notification of stop of this service)
- Even if we take measures based on the provisions of the preceding Article without notifying the customer in advance, we will make advance notice to the customer by means of publication on this site or other means deemed appropriate by the Company. However, this is not the case if there is an urgent need and other judgment by the Company that other prior notices are inappropriate.
- Even if the customer or a third party suffered damages due to measures taken by the Company based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we will not take any responsibility.
Article 22 (How to Contact Clients)
There will be links to other websites in this site. These linked websites are run by their independent owners. The company is not sure about the security of these websites. The clients are responsible for the losses caused by visiting these websites. The company is not responsible.
Article 23 (Link to other websites)
There will be links to other websites in this site. These linked websites are run by their independent owners. The company is not sure about the security of these websites. The customers are responsible for the losses caused by visiting these websites. The company is not responsible.
Article 24 (Stop of this service and assets freeze)
- The Company will stop the use of this service by the client when judging that the client has performed the following actions, freezing the account assets and taking other measures in accordance with the Company’s discretion.
- When the client violates laws and regulations or this article.
- The client complies with the behavior in Article 12 (1) and (2). Or if the company determines that 1 item does not match the facts.
- When the client uses the service itself in violation of any law.
- When clients use the service to engage in acts that violate public order and good practices.
- When the client’s location is unknown.
- When the client starts the inheritance procedure.
- When clients engage in money laundering activities.
- When a client forges someone else to create an account or hold multiple accounts.
- When the client reconstructs, transmits, publishes, translates, or borrows all or part of the contents of this service without the consent of the company. Or when you want to keep your data for the initiation of these actions.
- When the client conducts unfavorable behavior against other clients or third parties.
- When the client interferes with the operation of the service, or when it is possible to perform similar behavior.
- When the client engages in acts that damage the reputation of the company or the service, or may perform similar behavior.
- When the client makes infringement of the intellectual property, reputation, privacy of the company or a third party, or may perform similar behavior.
- When the customer gives no response to the confirmation of “personal identification procedure or transaction” by the company based on the Crime Revenue Transfer Prevention Act (case of no response to the necessary transaction confirmation within the agreed period is also included)
- When the customer has conducted an action promoting the actions specified in the items listed above.
- If the company finds that the customer is inappropriate to use the services other than the actions listed above.
- When the client takes action to encourage the conduct specified in the above.
- The company is not responsible for the losses caused by the company’s implementation of the measures in item 1.
Article 25 (Change and stop of this treaty)
- Based on changes in economic conditions or other reasonable reasons, the company may change or discontinue this Treaty and this service based on its own judgment. In addition, these changes or revocation may be all or part of this service.
- The company is not responsible for the losses caused by the suspension or revocation of this service in the previous item.
Article 26 （Resolution and etc.）
- Clients can apply for a cancellation through the method we have specified. If you would like to cancel the contract, please contact us through the enquiry form.
- If this service is terminated, you specify in your own risk account (but the company, the funds and the cryptocurrency of the client (hereinafter referred to as “client assets”), as well as the financial institution’s clients, the client transfers to the virtual bank account Or send the cryptocurrency to another method that the external payee company deems appropriate (if it is difficult to return the cryptocurrency in accordance with the original conditions, including but not limited to returning the sales price after redemption of the cryptocurrency), it will be returned to the client. However, the client shall bear the company’s designated withdrawal fee as the cost of the above return. If the client’s assets are insufficient to pay the above fees, we are not obligated to return the client as long as the client does not pay the above difference. In addition, we will not be liable for any such currency or cryptocurrency if we transfer or send cryptocurrency according to the client’s designation. In addition, we are not responsible for the accuracy and validity of financial institution account information provided by clients or external destinations.
Article 27 （Prohibition of transfer, pawn, etc.）
You may not assign, lease, pawn or otherwise set the rights of third parties, nor provide them to third parties, please understand your contract status under this Agreement and any other rights related to the Service.
Article 28 (Governing Law, Jurisdiction)
The law governing this agreement shall be the Japanese law, and for any dispute relating to this Agreement or this Service, the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction court of the first instance.
Article 29 (About inquiries)
For any questions about this agreement or service, please contact us from the inquiry form.
The Japanese version of this Agreement shall be the original.
If there are any arguments between different language versions, the Japanese version shall apply.
【Revised December 27, 2018】
【Revised April 4, 2019】